Another year has come and gone. Here are some moments worth mentioning:
1. I am really pleased with how far my friend, Chris has come along. One of the quieter members of TeamID, he has kept his New Year's Resolution from last year to be more social. Now, people will actually believe me when I say that he does most of the talking when we're together. Good job, Chris!!
2. In terms of work, this has probably been the most demanding in all of my Scotiabank career. So long to the days of coming home before 5pm. However, I've learned so much in the past year, that aside from the late hours, I really can't complain. That's one more step up the corporate ladder.
3. My brother-in-law finally gave his fiancee a ring. Heather (his fiancee) has been hardcore begging/waiting for this moment. Although the actual proposal was a disappointment, mission was accomplished. One Tiffany design rock later proves that good things come to those who wait. Good show, Marv.
4. My sister also got a ring. Not as big as the dazzler Marvin gave Heather but nonetheless worth mentioning on this list. Allegedly this is a promise ring from Michael. This poor fool does not know how deep a grave he has dug for himself. The promise ring isn't really a promise for marriage proposal...it's a promise for a bigger ring!!! Congratulations to my sister to finally finding someone who will put up with her.
5. My husband's 50% pay-cut. Definetly not a bright spot in my husband's career or the Torreno household. I believe, though, that The Entity passed this test with flying colours. We could not do it without the help from friends and family...Thank-you.
6. Relationships within Team ID have either blossomed, been rekindled or fizzled within the last year. As hard as we try to deny it, nothing hurts more than losing a good friend. That is why it is important to keep the ones that you do have close. You remind yourself (and others) how much they are really loved...I hope you understood what I just meant there, cuz I surely don't (filter off)
7. A year of travel is over: Carnivale in QC, Paris, Barbados, St. Lucia and Montreal. Don't worry folks, kids are still NOT on the way. The travelling bug is still not out of my system yet.
8. Mr. Shaun Sequeira has finally succeeded in organizing a "guys only" Team ID trip. Destination was Veradero, Cuba. I'm glad all my boys arrived safely and that I didn't have to carry any coffins on my own.
Cheers to a good 2005 and an even more promising 2006!